Feeds RSS

Monday, July 27, 2009

a beautiful SUNDAY♥

on our way to the church, close-open Bianca.


i was supposed to post this last week, i saved it on my drafts telling myself that i will post this after i have convinced myself that it is worth publishing. anyway, it doesn't matter anymore. just read. haha:D

it was actually as mundane as any other Sunday. i realized that we haven't been attending the mass for like 3 weeks or less. I felt guilty. so since I wouldn't be doing much that day, we decided to go to the mass. on our way to the church, my baby tried so hard to get my attention so that she could show me her hands, she's doing "close-open". Shes been doing that ever since she was in her sixth month, so ok, I tried to look at her but you know, i wasn't so astonished as before, it was ordinary for me to see her doing that.

Inside the church, she kept quiet for a moment. but you know how kids are, she grew impatient so we had no choice but to let her stay out of the church for a while, and then she slept.

The priest started delivering the homily, the main focus was how people are being selfish nowadays. Selflessness is so overshadowed by our desire to reach the top. Its true, i must admit i sometimes feel that too. so he went on and on telling us how we should share what we have and just set aside egocentricity.

so here comes the funny part, the priest ended his homily by relating how kids learn the concept of giving and receiving. He asked what is the first game or trick that we usually teach our kids, there were different responses which werent so clear for me to hear. then the priest finally said, "sino bang hindi natuto ng CLOSE-OPEN? it's as simple as that, pag sinasara naten ang kamay naten, yun ang pagtanggap. at pag inoopen, yun naman ang pagbigay. so kapag nakikita naten ang mga bata na ginagawa yun, we are reminded on how giving and receiving come hand in hand. kaya nga CLOSE OPEN, hindi naman pwedeng puro CLOSE lang dba?"

wow, I was smiling until the end of the mass. I thought of how ironical and amazing it is at the same time. I thought of how great and smart God was, how he makes use of the children to put the old ones back on track. haha. galing galing.


moral of the story?
Sometimes the most important lessons in life are not learned by children from the elders, every so often, its the other way around.



and yes, it's a very beautiful Sunday.


aiko


9 comments:

Eric S. said...

You are so right, Children have not been introduced to the difficulties of life, so their actions are always of the innocent nature. I we watch them, we could learn much. Perhaps we should mimic our children sometimes, instead of them mimicking our actions.

igvirene said...

What a beautiful story and homily. :) Children are very innocent and when I try to just look at them, I noticed I could learn a lot from them. One thing I like with children, they never lie. Everything they will utter is true. And it’s a little funny that children can give so much appreciation to this world than elders.

Cody said...

I agree. Children do not have much desire apart from getting fed and being dry. So nothing can overshadow selflessness. As a philosopher said, desire is one of the causes of suffering.

And children don't over complicate things. They see things just as they are. As a result, what they see is the pure, unadulterated truth where adults would see a distorted picture painted with a lot prejudices.

BTW, nice blog!

Jena Isle said...

Hi Aix,

Beautiful post.I love it. We learn a lot from these little children. That's why we should capture that child-like trait in us and retain them; traits like sincerity, honesty, candidness , joy in simple things, etc, etc.

Welcome and keep posting.

Anonymous said...

It was indeed a Beautiful Sunday for you!

Tama, most of the time, I also learned something from my pamangkin. :)

Reyjr said...

What I learned from my children.. - oops i don't have any yet. :P

But surely one thing you can learn from children: Unconditional love. :D

Great post. Keep em coming!

zorlone said...

Bianca is very cute. The idea that she made the close-open gesture on your way to church was a bit of a foresight on her part with the priest's sermon. hehehe. I would like to think that she had a foresight than to accept the other explanation (coincidence - there is no such thing).

Z

pamatayhomesick said...

maganda nga ang sunday!

Anjelica Naguiat said...

hi aix! welcome to the blogging world my dear dear friend. :) my God child is soo adorable. i was really touched deeply by your post. i can feel the sincerity and the joy & laughter Bianca brings to all of us. i also like the layout of your page. can you fix mine? hahah. love you.

Post a Comment